Foolproof Phonics Part 1
Phonics, made Foolproof!
Designed with literacy experts and follows the school curriculum. Foolproof Phonics is a step-by-step programme that takes kids through the different levels of phonics learning and the terms they need to know, exactly the way they do it in school. It includes unique audio support with recordings to enhance word-learning!
Designed for children in Foundation
Divided into five easy-to-follow levels that follow the National Curriculum Letters and Sounds programme.
In Levels 1 and 2, children learn:
• 13 phoneme-grapheme correspondences
• How to decode (read) three-letter words using the letters that they have already learned
In Levels 3 and 4, children learn:
• Consonant digraphs that make a single sound, such as ff, ll, ch, th, and sh
• More CVC words
• CCVC words such as flush and swing, and CVCC words such as lift and jum
In Level 5, children learn:
• Vowel digraphs comprising two letters but correspond to one sound, such as ai, ea, ee
• Vowel-consonant trigraphs that consist of three letters, such as igh in light
• More complex words, like CVVC, CCVCC, and CCVVCC words